How do I add a video?
Please note: this article is only applicable to websites built after November 2018.
This article covers how to add a video to your website.
In this article:
- Dos and Don’ts
- Common Problems/Mistakes
- Common Questions/FAQs
- Related Articles/See Also
You can add any video that is hosted on YouTube to your website. If you have your own video you must upload this to YouTube before you can add it to your website. Your website is not capable of hosting the video as playback requires special software.
- Choose the row you want to add the video to or add a new row if needed.
- Click the + sign in the grey bar on the left of the row then click Add Widget.
- The side menu will open up. Select YouTube from the list of widgets presented.
- The YouTube widget will be added to the first available space in the row. (See “Using Widgets” to find out how to re-order the row.)
- Hover over the YouTube widget and click the EDIT link that appears.
- Enter the video ID then click the Make this widget Visible checkbox and click Save.
Dos and Don’ts
My widget isn’t displaying my video."
Check your video ID is correct.
My widget is not showing when I leave the editor.
Make sure that the “Make this widget visible?” checkbox is ticked in the properties for that widget.
How do I know my video ID?
Visit the YouTube page and copy the ID from the address bar in your browser. This is the bit after "www.youtube.com/watch?v=".
So for example, if the YouTube address is
the video ID is
Related links/See Also
widget, display, video, youtube, link