Please note: this article is only applicable to websites built after November 2018.
This article covers how to add a text/information box to your website.
In this article:
- Dos and Don’ts
- Common Problems/Mistakes
- Common Questions/FAQs
- Related Articles/See Also
Use an information box to add blocks of text.
- Choose the row you want to add the information or text box to or add a new row if needed.
- Click the + sign in the grey bar on the left of the row then click Add Widget.
- The side menu will open up. Select Information from the list of widgets presented.
- The Information widget will be added to the first available space in the row. (See “Using Widgets” to find out how to re-order the row.)
- Hover over the Information widget and click the EDIT link that appears.
- Add a header to the field at the top (optional) and your main content to the large content area.
- Click the “Add a link to this widget” button to add a link that will appear at the bottom of the information box. The link selector will appear in the side bar.
- Choose the link type:
– Page: select a page from the list
– URL: enter the web address of the external web page you wish to link to
– Survey: select a survey from the list
– File: select a file from the list or upload a new one (see How do I upload a file for more about this).
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the sidebar. You may have to scroll down.
- Click the Make this widget Visible checkbox and click Save.
Dos and Don’ts
My widget is not showing when I leave the editor.
Make sure that the “Make this widget visible?” checkbox is ticked in the properties for that widget.
Related links/See Also
widget, display, information, link, text, text box