How do I add a search tool?
Please note: this article is only applicable to websites built after November 2018.
This article covers how to add a search box to your website.
In this article:
- Dos and Don’ts
- Common Problems/Mistakes
- Common Questions/FAQs
- Related Articles/See Also
- Choose the row you want to add to or add a new row if needed.
- Click the + sign in the grey bar on the left of the row then click Add Widget.
- The side menu will open up. Select Search from the list of widgets presented.
- The Search widget will be added to the first available space in the row. (See “Using Widgets” to find out how to re-order the row.)
- Hover over the Search widget and click the EDIT link that appears.
- Click the Make this widget Visible checkbox and click Save.
Dos and Don’ts
My widget is not showing when I leave the editor.
Make sure that the “Make this widget visible?” checkbox is ticked in the properties for that widget.
Related links/See Also
widget, display, search, form