Please note: this article is only applicable to websites built after November 2018.
This article will show you how to re-arrange rows and widgets in the layout of your website.
In this article:
- Dos and Don’ts
- Common Problems/Mistakes
- Common Questions/FAQs
- Related Articles/See Also
- You may like to consider planning your preferred layout before you start moving elements to save yourself time.
- You can add as many rows as you like.
- Each row must contain at least 1 and up to 3 widgets.
- Click Reorganise widgets which appears in the grey bar at the top of your content section (just below the page title or header image).
Reorder your rows
- Click on 3 lines to the left of the row you wish to move holding the mouse button down and move it to the required location. Release the mouse button.
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the row list to save the new row order.
Reorder your widgets
- Click on the widget you wish to move. It will be highlighted.
- To swap it's position with another widget hover over the widget you wish to swap with and click the swap button that appears.
- To move it to another location click the green highlighted bar in the position you wish to move it to. (Please note that the maximum number of widget a row can hold is 3).
- If you no longer wish to move that widget click it again to deselect it.
- Click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the row list to save the new layout.
Dos and Don’ts
- Add welcome text in the top row for best search engine optimisation.
- Choose coloured or image backgrounds carefully. A page with lots of different coloured rows will look busy and untidy and make it harder for patients to find what they need and affect accessibility.
Using a lot of bold colours or bright picture backgrounds will impact accessibility for visually impaired users.
Related links/See Also
rows, layout, structure, design