How do I add a newsletter and notify subscribers
Please note: this article is only applicable to websites built after November 2018.
This article will go into detail about how to add a newsletter to your practice website and notify subscribers.
In this article:
- Dos and Don’ts
- Common Problems/Mistakes
- Common Questions/FAQs
- Related Articles/See Also
You will need to prepare your newsletter and preferably save it as a PDF file before you upload it.
You will need access to FPMS/FPMS Pro.
- Choose the row you want to add the Newsletter widget to or add a new row if needed.
- Click the + sign in the grey bar on the left of the row then click Add Widget.
- The side menu will open up. Select Newsletter from the list of widgets presented.
- The Newsletter widget will be added to the first available space in the row. (See “Using Widgets” to find out how to re-order the row.)
- Hover over the Newsletter widget and click the EDIT link that appears.
- Click the Make this widget Visible checkbox and click Save.
- Sign in to FPMS Pro.
- Go to the Website Tools menu and select Newsletters.
- Click the green + sign on the right hand side to create a newsletter.
- Give the newsletter a name (eg. Autumn 2018).
- Use the "Choose file" button to browse for the newsletter file to upload. Select the file from your list and click Open. Your file will be uploaded.
- Use the "Is visible on website" checkbox to select whether or not the webpage widget will display a link to the newsletter.
- Click the "+Create" button.
- Your newsletter will now appear in the main newsletter list. From here you can:
- Set it to be visible or not on your website by ticking or unticking the "Visible" checkbox.
- Delete your newsletter by clicking the red trash can icon.
- Email your subscribers the newsletter by clicking the green envelope icon.
Dos and Don’ts
- Convert your newsletter to a PDF file before uploading for best accessibility.
- Add the widget in a prominent position on the website so it will attract as many new subscribers as possible.
My newsletter is not showing on the website.
Make sure that the “Visible” checkbox next to the newsletter in the list is ticked.
My widget is not showing when I leave the editor.
Make sure that the “Make this widget visible?” checkbox is ticked in the properties for that widget.
How do I remove an old or out of date newsletter?
Sign in to FPMS/FPMS Pro and go to Website Tools > Newsletters then click the red trash can icon next to the old newsletter. It will automatically be removed from your website.
Related links/See Also
newsletter, sign-up, subscribe, subscribers, contacts, email