Please note: this article is only applicable to websites built after November 2018.
This article explores how the Page Manager tool works. The Page Manager allows you to create, manage and delete pages within your website.
In this article:
- Dos and Don’ts
- Common Problems/Mistakes
- Common Questions/FAQs
- Related Articles/See Also
To open the Page Manager log in to the website editor and click the grey arrow icon in the top left and corner. A side menu will appear. The Page Management tools are found under the green section.
Setting the home page
- In the Page Management section click Set Homepage.
- In the new window that opens click on the page you wish to display as the home page. The home icon will move next to it.(2)
- Click the Save button to make this page your active home page.(3)
Managing your pages
- In the Page Management section click Manage Pages.
- You will see a list of pages and tools to search or filter your list.(7)
- To view a page click on the home or link icon next to it. The page will load on the right hand side page view.(8)
- See which pages are linked to menus and which is set as the home page. The home icon appears next to your current home page. The link icon appears next to pages that are linked in menus. The broken link icon appears next to pages that are not linked in menus.
- To delete a page click on the red trash can icon next to it. At the bottom of the side section you will be asked “Delete this page?”. Click the Yes button.(9)
- To filter the list of pages by page type use the drop down selector above the list to choose a page type. The list will automatically be filtered.(3)
- To filter the list of page by name type a word into the text box above the list (4) and click the filter icon (5). To remove the name filter again click the eraser icon (6).
- To add a new page click the “Add New Page” button. A new screen will appear on the left.(2)
- Give your new page a name in the text field at the top.
- Choose a page type from the list. Content is an empty page template. The others have special features or tools included. You can details of these here.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the list of page types.
Dos and Don’ts
- Name new pages something meaningful or descriptive so they are easy to find and manage in future.
I’ve clicked the red trash can icon to delete a page but it is still in the list.
After clicking the trash can icon scroll to the bottom of the section where you will be asked “Delete this page?”. Click the Yes button to confirm delete.
I can’t see any pages in the list.
Clear any filters by clicking the eraser icon next to the text field and setting the drop-down selector to “Any”.
I’ve created a new page but it’s not in my list.
Did you click the Save button in the create new page window? After giving your page a name and selecting a page type scroll to the bottom of the list and click the Save button.
Why can’t I delete my home page?
Your website must have a home page to function properly so if you wish to delete your current home page you will need to create a new one first and set this as the home page. You will then be able to delete your old home page.
Can I create a page to work on without making it live?
Absolutely. Using the above instructions you can create a new page and add content to it but until you have added it to a menu or linked to it somewhere else in the website it won’t be accessible to viewers.
Related links/See Also
page, new, delete, manage, link, features