Hello from your friends on the support desk! This article contains the "secret sauce" for getting the best support humanly possible :-)
For our customers who have opted for support, the support desk is on hand to help you with anything you need. Our goal is to provide quick, helpful and professional solutions to your issues. However, the speed at which we can resolve your query is often dependant on the amount of info we receive.
Here is a list of ways to get the best response from the support desk.
- Please email support queries: We can’t action items over the phone and the email provides the necessary documented audit trail of change requests on of on your site.
- Our team need 100% clarification before proceeding: The team need as much info as you can supply. If they are not clear they will seek clarification.
- Effective Communication: Even if you don’t understand what is going on, you can be assured that they will. It is also likely that they have been asked the same question hundreds of times and have a prepared answer ready to send you as quickly as possible. If you are able to communicate the details then we can resolve your issue quicker. Please use short sentences and bullet points where possible. A screenshot is always helpful.
- Create a useful subject line: Please describe what you are trying to achieve. Use “problem uploading document” or “wanting to add cqc widget” or “website displaying an error message” as opposed to “need help” or “urgent”
- Add detail to the request: Please remember that the team will deal with about one hundred practices a day. They are not mind-readers and often requests are specific to your site. There are 3 types of support request - we have outlined the information to include with each type of support request.
- Reporting a problem
- What is the problem
- Where is it occurring (include the exact web address if possible).
- When is it occurring
- Are you getting any error messages
- What device is the problem occurring on (phone, tablet, desktop/laptop).
- A screenshot will ALWAYS help
- Requesting Assistance
- Description of request
- Where you want it added (this the most forgotten item - please ensure you tell us where you want something added or changed
- Seeking Advice
- In most cases - other people will have asked the same question. Please give as much detail as you can
- Include any relevant links
- Include any relevant documents
- Reporting a problem
- Send One Email At A Time: Requesting one task at a time will help to avoid site conflicts, confusion and missed tasks. As soon as our system receives your request you will receive a ticket number. If you have a ticket number, we have your ticket. If you didn't receive a ticket number we have not received your request. If sending a subsequent ticket that relates to the original please always reference the original ticket number.
- Following Up: Please wait for 24 hours to follow up. If the support desk is extremely busy then following up adds to the load. Please note that tickets are always dealt with in the order they are received.
- Place your request in plenty of time: If you have a deadline, please send your request in plenty of time. We will always do our best to accommodate you but requests received at 4:55pm on a Friday afternoon are highly unlikely to be processed by 9am on Monday morning.
- Busy Times: When there is a shared deadline - such as the end of March or the implementation of something like GDPR, the support desk gets inundated with support. Please allow plenty of time for your request to be processed.
- In the unlikely event of website downtime, chances are it is system-wide problem affecting thousands of sites. In such scenarios, the support desk will reach its operational capacity within a few minutes. We have processes and procedures in dealing with these types of surge events. We can quickly deal with email requests and keep everyone informed. If however, you phone and leave a voicemail, it will likely be several hours before we have manually processed each call sequentially and responded individually. With this in mind, we ask that you email to notify your site is down - even it if it is urgent. It is by far the fastest way to get a response.
Thanks for your understanding and patience. Once your issue has been resolved you will receive a feedback request to make sure you are satisfied with the service. Please always be sure to let us know if there is an issue - we want to ensure you are totally happy.