Please note: this article is only applicable to websites built after November 2018.
This article explores how the Menu Manager tool works. The Menu Manager allows you to create, manage and delete menus within your website.
In this article:
- Dos and Don’ts
- Common Problems/Mistakes
- Common Questions/FAQs
- Related Articles/See Also
To open the Menu Manager log in to the website editor and click the grey arrow icon in the top left and corner. A side menu will appear. The Menu Management tools are found under the blue section.
- In the Menu Management section click Manage Menus. You will see a list of menus.
- From here you can:
- Add a new menu
- Edit an existing menu
- Delete a menu:
– Click on the red trash can icon next to it.
– At the bottom of the side section you will be asked “Delete this menu?”. Click the Yes button.
Dos and Don’ts
- Name new menus something meaningful or descriptive so they are easy to find and manage in future.
I’ve clicked the red trash can icon to delete a menu but it is still in the list.
After clicking the trash can icon scroll to the bottom of the section where you will be asked “Delete this menu?”. Click the Yes button to confirm delete.
I’ve created a new menu but it’s not in my list.
Did you click the Save button in the create new menu window? After giving your menu a name click the Save button.
Can I create a menu to work on without making it live?
Absolutely. Using the above instructions you can create a new menu and add content to it but until you have added it to a page or linked to it somewhere else in the website it won’t be accessible to viewers.
Related links/See Also
menu, new, create, delete, manage, link, features