How do I add a blog?
Please note: this article is only applicable to websites built after November 2018.
This article covers how to add a blog to your website.
In this article:
- Dos and Don’ts
- Common Problems/Mistakes
- Common Questions/FAQs
- Related Articles/See Also
Once you have created the blog page you can add a blog feed widget to your website.
A blog is ideal for creating a latest news page. News items can be configured to display after a specific date and also only be displayed until a specific date. The news can be featured on a blog widget anywhere else on the website.
To create your blog
- Click the grey arrow in the top left hand corner to open the side menu. In the Page Management section click Manage Pages.
- Click the “Add New Page” button. A new screen will appear on the left.
- Give your new page a name in the text field at the top.
- Choose the page type Blog from the list.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the list of page types.
- You will be taken to the new page.
Click Add entry to add your first blog post.
- Click Select image to add an image to your blog post. See How to add an image for more on using the image picker.
- Add a title.
- Add the main content of your blog post/news item.
- If your post is only relevant from a certain date use the “Display post from” selectors to choose the dates this post will become visible.
- If your post is only relevant for a specific period of time use the “Display post until” selector to choose the date this post will become hidden.
- Click Save. Your blog has been created. You can return to it and add new posts as required.
To add a blog feed to your home page
- Choose the row you want to add the blog to or add a new row if needed.
- Click the + sign in the grey bar on the left of the row then click Add Widget.
- The side menu will open up. Select Blog from the list of widgets presented.
- The Blog widget will be added to the first available space in the row. (See “Using Widgets” to find out how to re-order the row.)
- Hover over the Blog widget and click the EDIT link that appears.
- Give the widget a title if you wish (eg. Latest News) and select the correct blog page from the drop down list.
- Choose how many blog post snippets should appear in the widget.
- Click the Make this widget Visible checkbox and click Save.
Dos and Don’ts
- Keep titles descriptive, catchy and concise. These are your eye-catching headlines.
- Remove out of date items or those that are no longer relevant. This helps keep your website tidy and also prevents search engines from cataloguing out of date information about your practice.
My widget isn’t displaying my blog entries."
Check you have selected the correct page and how many blog snippets you have chosen to display.
My widget is not showing when I leave the editor.
Make sure that the “Make this widget visible?” checkbox is ticked in the properties for that widget.
Related links/See Also
widget, display, blog, link, news, headline, article