How do I edit a menu?
This article explores how the Menu Manager tool works, specifically how to edit an existing menu within your website.
In this article:
- Dos and Don’ts
- Common Problems/Mistakes
- Common Questions/FAQs
- Related Articles/See Also
To open the Menu Manager log in to the website editor and click the grey arrow icon in the top left hand corner. A side menu will appear. The Menu Management tools are found under the blue section.
In the Menu Management section click Manage Menus. You will see a list of menus. Click the pencil icon next to the menu you wish to edit. A new side window will appear containing a list of all the items in that menu.
To delete an item
- Click on the red trash can icon next to it.
- Confirm the removal of the item to complete removal.
To edit an item
- Click the pencil icon next to it. A new side window will appear.
- To give the item a name tick the "Use Custom Label" box and type the item name in the text field.
- To show or hide the item in the menu tick or untick the "Active" checkbox.
- To remove the link click the Remove Link button.
- Click the Save button.
To add a new item
- Click the "+ Add new menu item" button. A new side window will appear.
- To add a link to a page
– Select the Page box at the top, select a page from the list and click Save. To create a new page to link to click the "+ New Page" button. You will be taken to the Page Manager to create your new page. You can search the list using the Filter boxes.
- To add a link to a website
– Click the URL button at the top.
– Enter the web address in the box and click Save.
- To add a link to a survey
– Click the Survey button at the top.
– Select a survey from the list (you can search the list using the Filter boxes) and click Save. (Note: you need to create your survey in FPMS first.)
- To add a link to a file
– Click the File button at the top.
– To link to an existing file click the "Choose Existing File" button. Select a file from the list and click Save. You can search the list using the Filter boxes.
– To upload a new file to link to click the "Upload File" button.
– Either drag and drop your file into the dotted box or click the button to browse for a file to upload.
– In the window that opens tick the use custom label box and give the link a relevant name in the text box.
– Tick the box to make this link active and click Save.
Dos and Don’ts
I’ve clicked the red trash can icon to delete an item menu but it is still in the list.
After clicking the trash can icon you must click the Yes button to confirm delete.
I’ve created a new menu but it’s not in my list.
Did you click the Save button in the create new menu window? After giving your menu a name click the Save button.
Can I create a menu to work on without making it live?
Absolutely. Using the above instructions you can create a new menu and add content to it but until you have added it to a page or linked to it somewhere else in the website it won’t be accessible to viewers.
Related links/See Also
menu, edit, delete, manage, link, features