How do I create a new menu?
This article explores how the Menu Manager tool works, specifically how to create a new menu within your website.
In this article:
- Dos and Don’ts
- Common Problems/Mistakes
- Common Questions/FAQs
- Related Articles/See Also
To open the Menu Manager, log in to the website editor and click the grey arrow icon in the top left hand corner. A side menu will appear. The Menu Management tools are found under the blue section.
- In the Menu Management section click Manage Menus. You will see a list of menus.
- Click the “+ New Menu” button. A new screen will appear on the left.
- Give your new menu a name in the text field at the top.
- Click the Save button. You will be returned to the menu list and your new menu name will appear in the list.
To add items to your new menu see How do I edit an existing menu.
Dos and Don’ts
- Name new menus something meaningful or descriptive so they are easy to find and manage in future.
I’ve created a new menu but it’s not in my list.
Did you click the Save button in the create new menu window? After giving your menu a name click the Save button.
Can I create a menu to work on without making it live?
Absolutely. Using the above instructions you can create a new menu and add content to it but until you have added it to a page or linked to it somewhere else in the website it won’t be accessible to viewers.
Related links/See Also
menu, new, create, manage, link, features