Before using the Room Diary you must have added your staff contact details into the Staff Members section. See Staff Members.
What does it do?
- The Room Diary enables you to use FPMS Pro to organise and manage your room bookings.
- You can add as many rooms as you like and staff members can book available rooms.
- You can filter the Room Diary by date and room.
- Show Today
- Select Date
- Filter to show: Day View, Agenda Day View, Week View, Agenda Week View and Month View
- Create a Room Booking
- Room Management
- Print Page
How do I set up my rooms?
Select the edit room icon (5). A new window will pop open.
- Enter the name of the new room and select the + icon
- Change the name of room then select save button
- Delete a room
How do I make a new booking?
Select the + icon (4) to create a new booking. You can then select the room, who it is booked for, any details and then a start and end date.
- Select the Room
- Select who the room is booked for
- Enter any details
- Select when you want the booking to begin
- Select if you want the booking to repeat
- Start time
- End Time
How do I edit a booking?
You can edit a booking by selecting the booking from the diary. You will then be able to change the details or delete the booking entirely.
How do I filter the room diary?
Before you can start adding information to the room diary you must first set the rooms which are available. You can do this by going to the Room Diary page and selecting “Edit Rooms” from the top right of the Room Diary box.
You can, if you wish, also access this via “Tools > Administration” from the left hand menu. You will see a heading for “Room Manager”. Click on this and you will be presented with the Room Management Tool. Simply type the name of the room into the “New Room Name” box and then click “Add”. Now return to the Room Diary via “Tools > Room Diary” in the menu. The layout works similarly to the calendar where you can select day/week/month views via the calendar buttons at the top.
To add a new entry you can either click the day, or use the icon. You can then assign a room to a staff member on a certain day and set this to repeat if you wish.