This article will show you how to create a prescriptions page on your website and enable online ordering.
In this article:
- Dos and Don’ts
- Common Problems/Mistakes
- Common Questions/FAQs
- Related Articles/See Also
You must have signed up with an online booking provider, be using your clinical system's online booking service or be willing to use the My Surgery Website system. (Note: the My Surgery Website prescription ordering facility does not integrate with your clinical system. Orders must be manually processed.)
- Open the Page Manager by clicking the grey arrow icon in the top left and corner. A side menu will appear. The Page Management tools are found under the green section.
- In the sidebar list go to the Page Management section (highlighted green) and click Manage Pages. A new sidebar window will open.
- Click the "+ New Page" button.
- Enter a name for the new page in the field that appears
- Under Select a type of page scroll to the bottom and select Prescriptions. Click “Save” to create the new page.
- Your new page will open in the main window.
- Hover over "Prescriptions Details" and click the EDIT link that appears.
- A new sidebar will open. Select a clinical provider from the drop-down list. If you don't see the drop-down click the "Change provider" link.
- If you select "Other" enter the full URL (web address) of the provider's login page.
- Click Save.
- You can add additional content to your page by adding rows and widgets. (See Working With Rows And Columns.)
Dos and Don’ts
- Ensure the page is appropriately named.
I've used Other for my clinical provider but the links aren't working.
Check that the URL (web address) for your provider's page is correct and starts with http://
I'm using the My Surgery Website order form but patients' requests aren't coming through to our clinical system.
The My Surgery Website prescription ordering facility does not integrate with your clinical system. Orders must be manually processed. This is done via FPMS/FPMS Pro.
Why can’t I find the page on my website in normal view?
The page will need to be linked to a menu. See Menu Manager Overview.
Related links/See Also
prescriptions, order, online